TIPS AND TRICKS TO KEEP WATER INSIDE YOUR PIPES
Water is an essential part of our lives, but when we can’t control its flow, it can seriously damage our homes. When your pipes or roof start leaking, you could find yourself dealing with destroyed possessions, structural damage, mold growth, and other big problems, all originating from a tiny crack hidden deep within your walls or on top of your home. Luckily, with this easy-to-follow-advice from our water leak experts, you can reduce the risk of leaks in your home and stay dry all year long.
TAKE THESE STEPS TO PREVENT LEAKS
- Clean your drains regularly to prevent damage to the inside of your pipes
- Get regular plumbing maintenance from a licensed plumber
- Maintain your sump pump to ensure water from outside gets directed away from your home
- Keep your gutters clean to divert water away from your roof
- Regularly check your fixtures and appliances for signs of developing leaks
- Fix any cracked or missing caulking around doors, windows, and fixtures
These simple maintenance tasks may not seem like much, but they can exponentially lower your risk for a water leak. If you need any help inspecting or repairing potential danger zones, contact a professional to help you out!
WHAT TO DO WHEN LEAKS OCCUR
Despite your best efforts, you may still encounter a water leak in your home. When that happens, it’s essential that you evaluate the situation and call a professional immediately. When you notice warning signs like these, call (561) 662-4525 to speak with our water leak experts and get immediate help.
- Dark stains on walls or ceilings
- The sound of running water in your walls
- Damp floors
- Mold growth
- Strange smells
- Sagging ceilings
- Cracked walls or bubbling wallpaper
- Unusually high water bills
KNOW WHAT TYPE OF WATER IS LEAKING
Depending on the type of water that has infiltrated your home, you need to prepare yourself for different types of damage. Is the water that’s flooding your home from your pipes, your roof, or your sewage system? Are there any extra contaminants like leaves or dirt mixed in? Identify the type of water that’s flowing unchecked into your home so that you and your restoration professional can take action fast.
CALL THE PROFESSIONALS TO PINPOINT THE SOURCE
Even the largest of leaks can stem from small, hard-to-see flaws in your roof or plumbing. A leak can’t be fixed until it’s located, so make sure you enlist an expert for leak detection services. A qualified leak specialist won’t waste time poking around your home looking for the source of your leak. We use state-of-the-art technology to pinpoint leaks quickly, so we can start providing solutions right away.
For more prevention tips, leak detection services, and water damage restoration services, contact All Dry Services online or give us a call at (561) 662-4525 today!