GET YOUR CLAIM APPROVED FASTER BY GIVING YOUR INSURER EVERYTHING THEY NEED
When you experience a natural or unnatural disaster, the stress doesn’t stop after the immediate emergency ends. You have to deal with restoration, repairs, and your insurance company before things can truly get back to normal. This can be a long and frustrating process, but there are ways to make it easier. Our experienced disaster relief professionals have worked with countless homeowners and insurers over the years, and we know exactly what it takes to file a successful claim.
STEPS TO EFFECTIVE DAMAGE DOCUMENTATION:
- Start Early – The best way to document damages is through before and after pictures, so make sure you have photos on-hand of your home in it’s prime. Take pictures of rooms, furniture, and valuables to document what they look like intact and in peak condition.
- Know Your Policy – Understand before you start the documentation process what your policy covers, what your deductible is, and what your insurer’s process is. In some cases, you may realize that your restoration costs barely exceed your deductible and that filing a claim may not be worth it.
- Call Your Agent – Your insurance representative is here to help you, so getting them involved as early as possible is in your best interest. Make sure you stay in touch throughout the claim process so that everyone involved knows what’s going on.
- Take an Inventory – Staying organized in the aftermath of a disaster is absolutely vital. Know what rooms and possessions have been damaged or destroyed and take note of any missing items.
- There’s No Such Thing as Too Many Photos – The more evidence your insurer has, the better. Take photos of everything you think they might find relevant. You can even take videos to better document damages or facetime your agent so they can see things for themselves.
- Keep the Receipts – If you get work done to restore or repair your home, make sure it’s well-documented and that your insurer knows about it. Keep quotes, receipts, and work orders for your records and ask your insurer if they want copies.
LET YOUR LOCAL PROFESSIONALS HELP YOU
Professional restoration companies like All Dry Services have worked with insurance companies for years, and we know what they require to approve your claim. Let the experts inspect your home for damages that you may not have noticed and document things professionally. With a disaster response team on the job, you and your insurer can benefit from skilled evaluations and diagnoses from technicians trained to spot even the most subtle damages.
SAVE YOUR RECORDS
Even after your claim is approved and your home is restored, it’s a good idea to keep the records of the damage and repairs safely filed away in case of a future disaster. If your property is damaged again, your insurer will want to know if previous damage could have played a part. Keep your records organized, remember where they are, and know when it’s time to bring them out again as proof of prior events.
For more information about post-disaster recovery, working with your insurer, and other issues, contact All Dry Services online or give us a call at (561) 662-4525. We’re available 24/7 to assist with any emergency!